Thursday, July 28, 2005

From Seattle to Ohio

Summer is here and that means time off for Mom and Ron. We drove Derek and Shannon to Seattle the other night and put them on a plane headed for Cincinnati and then to their hometown where they will stay the next month with their Dad, Sister, and Grandma. Seems hard to believe that they are almost 16 and can travel by themselves now. And it's really hard for me to believe that I have a 20 year old! All 3 of them have become great, independent individuals, and I do have to say that I'm very proud of them and think that I've done a great job in raising them. Along with the help of some very important people.
Ron did all the driving on the way to Seattle. He likes to be in control that way... he forgets that I drove all the way across the country and back by myself and I am quite capable of driving a vehichle. Anyway, I was tired and it was night time and I appreciated him driving because I don't know my way to Seattle that well and some of the highways are tricky. We took our time and stopped several times for a stretch or to get coffee. We must've drank 2 gallons. One roadside rest we stopped at had volunteers working there, serving free coffee and snacks. You could tell the night air had gotten to the cookies because they were rock hard, but not bad when you dunked them in mud flavored coffee. Hey, whaddya expect for free??
We got to the airport around 4 in the morning and Derek and Shannon's plane took off at 6:30am. They got to Ohio before me and Ron got back home! Lindsay (their older sister) picked them up at the airport.....Thanks Lindsay!
All for now.....xoxoxoxoxo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous greatbrit36@hotmail.com said...

Hi Jennifer, Glad you arrived home
safe too. Derek and Shannon were
really tired the first day here,
but today they are returning to their energetic selves, I was so glad to see them and they are looking forward to swimming at the
Racquet Club, enjoy your break away
from the kids, and I will enjoy them visiting me......Love Mom

8:44 PM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hi Jen,

Just dropping by to say hello.
Miss you in blogsville and hope you are well.
BFC

4:38 PM, August 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home