Sunday, June 05, 2005

BB Guns & Camels

I know I know...it's been almost a week since I've posted anything, but I've been busy with work and when I get home I'm lucky to have enough energy to put my PJ's on. We've been busy in the shop and I'm really enjoying it. I had forgotten how much fun it is to stand there all day, working on clients, and chit-chatting about everything from their hair to what they do for a living, to how many kids they have, to where they're going on vacation...well, you get the idea. I really enjoy working with people and for some reason it's not the same for me when I'm just sittting across the room and talking to them. I like to be working on their hair while conversing! It's fun. The fact that I get to meet so many people from all walks of life makes my job interesting. Like the woman I did the other day...she grew up in the Middle East on a desert, with nothing around for miles and miles, so her and her brother would go out and shoot camels with BB guns. Now, I don't want to hear from Animal Abuse Patrol here, but I couldn't help but laugh when she told me that. Could you imagine being so bored as a kid that you would stoop to that? Anyway, she was a very nice person and I enjoyed her company.

Haven't gotten much done around the house since I've started working, which bothers me. This is the first year in about 20 years that I haven't planted flowers outside, and I don't have my hanging baskets on my front porch. Waaaaa. Actually, I don't think I'm going to bother with it this summer. I really miss seeing them but I don't have time to weed, water, and care for them. So, I guess I will just enjoy the neighborhood flowers this year. My favorite flowers are the creeping petunias. They spread out all around the edge of my flower bed, but they stay low to the ground, and the color from those are absolutely gorgeous! Guess I'll just wait until next year.
Well, I should get busy around the house. I have lots of work that I need to be doing. Mainly getting caught up on housework (yuck) and I need to clean out my refrigerator...oh joy! What better way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon. I wish I was getting ready to go on some fabulous vacation and spend some time laying on the beach sipping Lava Flows or something.

Guess if I work hard eventually that will come. Hope it's sooner than later. Wish my life was more interesting. This post sounds a little boring if ya ask me. LOL.
Stay cool my babies....peace to all....xoxoxoxoxoxo.

3 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

hi jen,

good to see you back. being busy is much better than sitting around, thinking, with too much time!

Thank you for your great posts and comments on my blog. i wish you lived closer...we could get some bb guns going as a ritual sign of friendship.

7:10 PM, June 05, 2005  
Blogger J&J'sMom said...

Welcome back Jen!!! I'm with you on the flower thing..if you don't get them planted by mid-may..it ain't gonna happen!!!Thanks for your input on Monday's controversy..gotta love the thongs..nOT! I'll be pushing buttons all week. See you around!!

7:26 AM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey Aunt Jenny!

It's so funny that I absolutely love the creeping petunias too!! I begged Adam to buy them for the front of the house...so now we have them in one of our flowerbeds in the front...hot pink ones, of course.

3:21 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home