Sunday, May 08, 2005

Wishy-washyness

Happy Mother's Day to me. In the midst of my excitement after being hired as Salon manager at the nicest place in town, I forgot to remind myself that life can throw punches at any given moment. A long time ago, this girl taught herself to stand up to whatever came her way....not to crumble, to be strong and determined. I am usually prepared for "hard knocks"....just my nature....and my own life's training. However, I let my guard down when I shouldn't have. Moral of the story: Thursday I was hired, Saturday they called to say they had changed their mind. However, I asked if we could talk about it some more and they agreed. But, why for the Love of God would I want to subject myself to more humiliation? One part of me says to be persistent, the other part of me says screw it. Who needs that kind of wishy-washyness in their life? Certainly not me. I've had enough to last a lifetime. No one gets through this life unscathed....I know that. But if people would just frickin communicate, life would be so much easier. Skating around the truth has a way of driving me insane. What's wrong with being up-front, with being who you are, and saying what's really on your mind? At least everyone would know where they stand with one another. Things get worked out when people talk. Maybe I can get them to talk when I go in there on Tuesday. And, maybe, just maybe, we will actually hear what each other is saying. I'm not going to hold my breath though, because now, there is a trust issue with them even if they do change their minds AGAIN.
Not sure I wanna be a part of it. :( :( :( :( :( :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

Don't let it get you down...screw 'em. They may be afraid that they might get some Americanism in there!!!! Heaven forbid!

6:11 PM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger Haole Girl said...

Your confidence and competence probably scared the $hit out of them. :) I hope it all works out for the best.

4:50 AM, May 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home