Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tomorrow is a brand new day!

My horoscope was right. As you know, if you've been reading my blog, I underwent quite an ordeal with a job interview at the beginning of May. I don't usually give my horoscope a lot of thought but when I read it one day at the beginning of May, it was bang-on. Stormy the first part of May was right, but it said things would start looking bright by the end of the month. Well yesterday I found out I got a job! And so far she hasn't called me to change her mind. Praise the Lord. I start work tomorrow at a salon, located inside a Resort, right by the lake. It's a small salon, and I don't mind that. Less commotion and it will be easier to carry on conversations with clients. The exciting part is that the manager told me a lot of the walk-in traffic is from the hotel, and these clients are from all over the world. Pretty cool if you ask me. I don't particularly want to do all out-of-towners because I need to build a clientele that will get me through the winter months too. But since I haven't worked in a salon since coming to Canada, I will just take what I can get at this point. It's hell being so desperate...haha. After doing hair for 23 years back in Ohio, I had the best clientele you could ask for. Wish I had them here with me now. So, wish me luck. I'm looking forward to making new friends and it will be nice to make people feel good about themselves again!

10 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Congrats...and good luck! I looked at the site on the internet. It looked like a place I needed to go!!!

7:07 PM, May 25, 2005  
Anonymous Angie said...

Woohoo! Way to go Aunt Jenny!! I'm excited for you...have a great first day!

7:11 PM, May 25, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

Angie!! Where's your blog?? You need to get one! Anyway...I'm excited about my job. Hope it works out.

7:20 PM, May 25, 2005  
Anonymous mom said...

good luck tommorrow Jennifer,
I'll be thinking of you all day,
let me know how it goes....Love Mom

8:49 PM, May 25, 2005  
Anonymous mom said...

good luck tommorrow Jennifer,
I'll be thinking of you all day,
let me know how it goes....Love Mom

8:49 PM, May 25, 2005  
Anonymous mom said...

good luck tommorrow Jennifer,
I'll be thinking of you all day,
let me know how it goes....Love Mom

8:49 PM, May 25, 2005  
Blogger Brooker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:59 PM, May 25, 2005  
Blogger Brooker said...

Hi Momma!
Good gawd, you would think that I'm some sort of freak if you could see all the problems I'm havin with this thing! Anyway, good luck tomorrow, you'll do great! You'll be takin the place over before you know it, I'm proud of you! Love you bunches! xoxoxo

9:01 PM, May 25, 2005  
Blogger Haole Girl said...

Congratulations on the job! It should be pretty interesting dealing with an international clientele... :) Just make sure they know how much to tip, Lol!!

4:23 AM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger jon said...

susan miller astrology info is so cheesy but we were looking at it anyway...why i dont know. I guess it is fun to play around online. Anyway, I saw your susan miller astrology posts and though it was cool...Alright, well...have a great night, I am back to susan miller astrology surfing LOL : )

Jon

7:42 PM, October 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home