Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Real Estate

The past few days have been productive for "the husband". He sold a house a couple days ago... a big beautiful spacious home with a gorgeous backyard and a peek-a-boo view of the lake. The couple we sold it to were more interested in the lot across the street at first because the view from there was totally awesome and they would have a bigger lot. Ron called to find out about it and they told him it was already sold. Asking price was $500,000! Yes, it was a big lot....and yes it did have a beautiful view, but $500,000?? They got a house and a lot for a little less than that so they were happy.

Real Estate here is getting unbelievable. It's been going up 20% every year for the past 2-3 years. Our town is growing fast with construction going on everywhere. Now I know that the Winter Olympics are going to be in Vancouver in 2010, and you wouldn't think with it being so far away it would have an impact on real estate, but I swear it has something to do with the construction boom. Plus, Vancouver is like living in China with about 50% of the population there being Chinese and it is so overcrowded. I think a lot of people are just getting out of the big city and moving where there is a little more space. Which is good for us!

I love Vancouver though....even if its crowded. There is always something to do there and going to the Ocean has a way of making me feel relaxed and happy. I like looking at all the cruise ships parked in the harbor, going to the gardens, and watching people. It's so busy in Vancouver, you don't know where to look first! It is definitely an action packed city. I think the husband and I will be taking a short jaunt soon.

10 Comments:

Anonymous colleen said...

I actually typed the word "vancouver" today. I have a friend going there to visit. Thanks for coming by my site today.

8:44 PM, May 18, 2005  
Blogger Bossy‚ô•'s YOU said...

hi...never been here before but came across it..
I understand what you mean about the price of buying a home..we just moved to the Minneaoplis area from Mich..and when we went to buy a home here..holy crap..a older home with only 3 bedrooms and 2 bath was nealy 300,000..I nealy died..but we found a home for a good price..thank goodness..kinda crazy stuff...take care..

5:27 AM, May 19, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Vancouver is an interesting city. Seems to be a bit more laid back than some of the bigger cities in the state.

Congratulations on your husband selling a house!

6:17 AM, May 19, 2005  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I've never been to Canada, but Vancouver will be on my list when I do.
I'm in CA and real estate is booming here too.
It's crazy! I don't know when the bubble will burst.
Congrats to your hubby and to you too.
Much success!!

11:48 AM, May 19, 2005  
Anonymous mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Glad you sold
that house, may it be the start
of many more this season.......
Love Mom

2:45 PM, May 19, 2005  
Blogger Bumbling Bav said...

LOL, it is so funny to see people talk about Vancouver that are not from BC. Kinda neat to have a boo into what you all think.

I like Vancouver myself, however I do find it a little too busy to bring my kids. Hubby and I go twice a yr and stay for the weekend. Before we had kids were were there almost every weekend...lol, times have changed.

Congrats on selling the house and good luck on your job hunt!

4:13 PM, May 19, 2005  
Blogger Haole Girl said...

Congrats on the home sale! We've been keeping our eyes open for property here in Hawaii, but it's pretty much a pipe dream at this point.

I never knew Vancouver was 50% Chinese. That surprises me for some reason, I don't know why. Either way, it's still in the top 10 list of places we plan to visit someday!

4:03 AM, May 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your site.

I can help people who plan to move to San Diego save $5,000 to $25,000 on the purchase of their next home by negotiating with the seller. north carolina real estate north carolina real estate

Come and check my website out if you get time :-)

11:16 PM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good post. I have a site about phoenix real estate please look at it if you can.

1:26 AM, October 24, 2005  
Anonymous "real estate" said...

Genie and the Taliban

Three guys: a Canadian, Osama bin Laden, and Uncle Sam are out walking together one day. They come across a lantern and a genie pops out of it.
"I will give each of you each one wish. That's three wishes total," says the genie.

The Canadian says, "I'm a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in Canada."

With a blink of the genie's eye, *POOF* the land in Canada was forever made fertile for farming.

Bin Laden was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around Afghanistan, so that no infidels, Jews, or Americans can come into our precious state."

Again, with a blink of the genie's eye, *POOF* there was a huge wall around Afghanistan.

"Uncle Sam" (A former civil engineer), asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."

The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 15,000 feet high, 500 feet thick, and completely surrounds the country; nothing can get in or out - it's virtually impenetrable."

Uncle Sam says, "Fill it with water."

3:18 PM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home