Friday, May 20, 2005

From toilet seat trouble to garage door trouble...when will it ever end?

Our garage door is on the blink and The Husband was about to stroke-out this morning trying to get it fixed. He was running around in a big tizzy, shuffling through his tool box, pulling out the ladder, trying to reset the chain to no avail. Something is wrong with the tension and it took everything he had to raise the door when the catch release was pulled down. Then he told me to grab the door and push it the rest of the way up....uh....I don't think so....I am a big girl, but that door must weigh 300 pounds and I wasn't about to have that thing coming down on my head. When guys get themselves into predicaments like that they think we are as strong as they are. We have to call the repairman or buy a new one for Father's Day....haha. Now, if he gets a new garage door opener, I want a new dryer for our anniversary....thats only fair right? In my effort to calm him down and bring him back to his senses I went in and made him a nice breakfast. After he ate his omelette he was back to normal. I couldn't help but laugh when I looked at him out in that garage though....all I could see was the letters T.I.Z.Z.Y. written across his forehead. When he saw me smiling it made him laugh too. It's only a fricken door. We'll get it fixed. Lordy.

12 Comments:

Blogger Haole Girl said...

OMG!! I've been having garage door issues too - I was going to post about them today!

4:05 AM, May 21, 2005  
Anonymous Susan said...

At least you've never backed through the garage door! I have....twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:40 AM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger J&J'sMom said...

We've had a garage door opener installed for oh...4 years now...think it works? Nope. I feel your pain ;0) Thanks for the visit a couple of days ago...hope to see you again!

9:15 AM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

It does my heart good to know that I'm not alone!

11:20 AM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

Susan, if I backed through the garage door, I think I would leave and not come back. Now, I can understand maybe doing it once...but twice??? You must've had a lot on your mind. Probably our condo in Florida right?

11:23 AM, May 21, 2005  
Anonymous greatbrit36@hotmail.com said...

just read your comments on garage
doors. I just bought this new condo
and the garage door just went up all by itself without any prompting, any ideas why it would do
that, Lordy lordy!!!!**** ha-ha!!
Love Mom

2:29 PM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:14 PM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

I think garage doors are possessed. The have a mind of their own. All I know is that Ron is always fiddling with the controls on the motor. I don't want anything to do with it. They're too complex for me,

6:16 PM, May 21, 2005  
Anonymous colleen said...

my huband spent days fixing the lawnmower...finally got it work only to discover the tire was flat. You gotta keep smiling.

6:07 AM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That was funny. Gotta love a man who's willing to work to fix what breaks.
My aunt closed one of those big, old garage doors on my uncle's head once and actually knocked him out for a few moments. I think she was tired of him and wanted to collect some insurance. It didn't work.

8:12 PM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

Jamie Dawn...THAT was funny!

8:37 PM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Very funny...The stuff of daily living can be the most annoying! I hope your week gets off to a better start!

7:35 AM, May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home