Thursday, May 26, 2005

Calling all clients: Let me cut your hair!

Today was my first day on the job at the salon. And guess who my first client was? An American. A guy from Iowa. He just happened to be here for a convention. He was easy to please but I'm sure he was in shock when I told him the price of his haircut. Now, I really do want to make money, but $30 bucks for trimming off 1/4" seemed a little steep, even to me. The manager said...."Jennifer, this is a resort and people expect to pay those kind of prices here". At that rate it won't take me long to be pulling in a grand a week! Haircolor is $140! It will be nice when I finally have a clientele of my own. Today was a little boring just because I didn't have enough clients to keep me busy, but it was probably a good thing, because I needed to get my station set up and familarize myself with the front desk, credit machine, bookings, and the products that they carry in the shop. I think I'm going to like it there though, all the girls were real friendly and made me feel welcome. I felt a little nervous this morning before I went to work, but after I got my things organized and set up, it was like I had never even had a 4 year sabbatical. Looking forward to tomorrow and Saturday...we'll be busy! Gotta run...have laundry to do. xoxoxo

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I was going to say I'd come up and have my hair done, but now I know that I can't afford it!!!

8:19 PM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger Brooker said...

Hi Momma,
Do I get a discount...I'm pretty sure that's a little steep for my pocket. I don't wanna have to take my business elsewhere! haha I'm happy you like your new job! ttfn
xoxo

9:29 PM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

I will do yours free of charge!

10:34 PM, May 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,glad to hear the new job went well, sounds like you will be real happy there and
by the pictures it looks like
the Salon is in a lovely area.
Congratulations!!!!
Love Mom

9:13 AM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hi Jen,

You have the face and heart of an angel.

Best of luck in your new job. Think of all the experience and clientelle you will make while there.

All best,
Barbara

9:33 AM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm dying for a haircut...I would pay $30 for a cut! Actually that would be a real deal in Columbus for a cut that looks good. I've been trying different stylists at Penzone's and it's always around $50.

I started my own blog as you requested! It's www.redhotmamas.blogspot.com...now stop raising your eyebrow and just look at it.

10:16 PM, May 28, 2005  
Blogger Haole Girl said...

I would fly all the way there if you could promise to work a miracle on my wild hair....

3:11 AM, May 29, 2005  
Blogger J&J'sMom said...

I already drive to PA to get my hair done...I don't think I could make it to Canada!! Sorry..Great prices tho!!

9:58 AM, June 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home