Monday, May 23, 2005

Beads of Rain

If you want it to rain, wash your car. Why is it that every single time I wash my car it rains? I could be a meteorologist...that's how good I am at predicting the weather. Anyway, I was looking for something to do yesterday, besides the ordinary clean house, do laundry, cook dinner routine. Tom (Ron's friend) was over to watch the hockey game with him and I wasn't about to sit and listen to that for 3 or 4 hours. So, out to the garage I went with my paper towel, windex, turtle wax, rags, buckets -- the usual paraphenalia.
I got my car washed and then I had to interrupt RONALD from the game for a few secs to come out and "hold-the-piece-of-crap-broken-garage-door" up while I drove into the garage. Once I got the car in there I was in my own little world, waxing the car and vacuuming out the inside etc. I was actually enjoying myself. Pretty bad when waxing the car is entertainment. It was a little noisy because "Jack", my Rottie, was out there with me and he kept barking at every person, leaf, and ball that went by the house. He was bored. I couldn't let him go in the house without me because he doesn't have house manners and he is similiar to a bull in a china shop. 100 lbs isn't pretty when it's jumping off the back of a couch. Not to mention RONALD would've killed him for intruding on his game...then again...he might not of even noticed that Jack was in the house because he gets so engrossed with hockey ...it's an illness folks.
Anyway, I got my car finished and then asked RONALD to come back out (risking my life here) to lift the door up again so I could get my car out and pull his van in. Once he did, it was back to the game and I waxed the van and cleaned it out too. By the time I was almost finished with the van I was getting tired. Not to mention there were kids all over the place...like a swarm of bees...the dog was going spastic, cars were pulling up, leaving, phones ringing, and I was ready for a nervous breakdown. Too much chaos! Oh deary dear, what a day.
I just looked out my bedroom window and it's raining again. On the positive side, at least now I can look at the little beads of rain all over my car. That baby is protected! Ciao. xoxo

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Well, you could do all of that in Ohio!!!!!!!!! You know when you blink in Ohio, the weather changes. We go from 80 to 50 just overnight. I haven't got to wear my capris very much because it has been more cold than warm this spring. It is depressing. I NEED SUNSHINE!!!!

6:45 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

It's the law of existence. Do something when you don't want something to happen.

By the way: Is that your golden retriever? He is a doll!

I have a GR, 12 year old cancer survivor who is aging quickly now. But he is my true love.

Have a good day in spite of the rain.

10:58 AM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Jen said...

Barbara...Yes, thats my Golden. He'll be 12 in October. So far, so good...he's pretty healthy. And, he's the best dog I've ever had. What's your dogs name?

11:02 AM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Jen: I love your live and let live philosophy.

I hope your day today is good as well.

5:30 AM, May 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site has a lot of information pertaining to my interests semi precious bead . I will definitely bookmark this page and be back later. If you get a chance, please check out my semi precious bead site. We so have something in common. Check ya later...

12:57 PM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home