Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Most Improved!

Today, Ron and I went out looking for Real Estate listings. He's a realtor, well actually, I am too, but he has a lot more experience than I do. It can be a crappy job sometimes, especially when there are not many houses around to be sold. You just have to keep looking, but I know before long we will be inundated with calls wanting us to come and list their house. It's that time of year. Since the slow times can be like "looking for a needle in a haystack" it's nice to get to the time of year when clients just call you up and have you come over to put their house on the market.
This evening we had to attend Derek's wind-up party for his hockey team. It was at the golf course that we live by and all the team members played a round of golf while the parents chit-chatted at the clubhouse. When they got back from golfing they had dinner, presented the awards, and Derek got "Most Improved Player" which made him happy.

I almost hit a pheasant on the way home...haha...pretty bird...flew right in front of my car and I thought he was history, but he's still alive although it scared the crap right out of me. At least it wasn't a deer....I have seen lots of those in the past few weeks. I still haven't gotten over the time I ran over a baby doe and broke her back leg. I wanted to take her to the vet, but instead she crawled up into the woods and probably died. :(
I've seriously been thinking about getting back into the hairstyling business. I'm taking my resume into a salon tomorrow, and I also stopped and talked to a guy who has a salon that he might be selling down the street from me, so we'll see. I don't necessarily want to get back into standing on my feet 24/7 but I can employ a few stylists, nail techies, and estheticians. In other words, I can manage it and maybe do hair 2 or 3 times a week. I miss having clients, many of them I considered friends, and it would get me out of the house....almost like a vacation. :) We'll see what develops in the next month or two.
Hey, the weekend is coming up! Seems like it was Monday yesterday. Time goes so fast anymore. Time for me to get some zzzzzzzzz's and start the routine over tomorrow. Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous real estate listings said...

You have a great website here, and I'm going to tell all my friends about it.

10:38 PM, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home